Nowadays, setting up a live wallpaper is a common feature among Android and iPhone users. Mac has a dynamic wallpaper feature similar to the live wallpapers, but Windows doesn’t have live wallpaper or animated background features. Don’t worry, you can add live wallpapers on your Windows PC with the help of third-party apps.
There are thousands of third-party live wallpaper apps available on the Microsoft Store. Between them selecting a few apps are complicated job to do. That’s why I made a list of a few live wallpapers apps, and here I also mentioned a few simple methods to set live wallpapers on your background, so do check out this article.
- How to Set Live Wallpaper on Windows 11 Desktop?
- How to Set a Custom Wallpaper in Windows 11
- How to Set Live Wallpaper on Multiple Monitors in Windows 11
- How to Close a Live Wallpaper in Windows 11
- Best Wallpaper Apps for Windows 11
- Final Words
How to Set Live Wallpaper on Windows 11 Desktop?
As I mentioned before, Windows doesn’t have a live wallpaper feature, so you need third-party apps or different types of tools to set live wallpapers on your desktop. You can download the mentioned tools from the Microsoft store and use them. If you don’t know how to set up the live wallpaper on the desktop, follow the simple steps below.
- In the middle of the taskbar, you can see a “search box” tap on it, search Microsoft Store, and then tap on it to open the app. Now, type “Lively Wallpaper” or any other apps you want to install.
- After that, look for the “Lively Wallpaper” app in the store.
- Now, you can see a “Get” option click on it to download the app.
- Now, wait for a while to download the app. After downloading again, go to the search box, type “Lively Wallpaper,” and tap on it to open the app.
- A window will pop up on your display; there on the right-side corner, you can see a “Next” option tap on it.
- Now you can see a “Start with Windows” option below that ON or OFF option will be there, so set it to “ON,” then tap on the “Next” option.
- Another window will pop up there; you can see the “OK” option on the bottom-right-corner tap.
- After that, you can see many live wallpaper options, so select a wallpaper from the library that you like to keep as your display background. Now your wallpaper has changed to a live wallpaper.
How to Set a Custom Wallpaper in Windows 11
You also have the option to customize windows 11 wallpaper and then keep it in your background. For example, currently, you are watching a YouTube video, and you like some scenery from that video, or if you want any GIF, then you can convert it to a live wallpaper. Don’t worry; you need the Lively Wallpaper app to complete the process.
- Middle of the taskbar, you can see a “Search box” tap on it and type “Lively Wallpaper,” then click on it to open it.
- After that, on the left side, you can see a “+” option tap on it.
- If you already have any video or GIF on your system, then choose the “Browse” option and find the file you are looking for. Otherwise, if you want to convert a YouTube video, then below the browse file, you can see a URL box; there, paste the video link, then click on the “right arrow” option.
- After completing the above step, click on the “OK” option.
- The new video or GIF you just created by default will appear on the library tap on it to select it as your display wallpaper.
How to Set Live Wallpaper on Multiple Monitors in Windows 11
If you have multiple monitors, and when you try to change your wallpaper, you might notice that it’s only applied on the primary monitor, you have to manually set it on other monitors.
- In the middle of the taskbar, you can see a “Search Box” with the type “Lively Wallpaper,” then tap on it to open it.
- On the top right corner, you will find a “Monitor” icon tap on it.
- After that, look for an “Another Monitor” option and select it. Now go back to the library and choose wallpaper; then, you will see all the monitors have the same live wallpaper.
How to Close a Live Wallpaper in Windows 11
If you don’t want to use the live wallpaper anymore and look for different ways to remove it, follow the steps mentioned below.
- On the search box, type “Lively Wallpaper,” then tap on it to open the app.
- Look for a monitor icon on the top right corner, then tap on it.
- After that, look for a “Close Wallpaper” option, then tap on it to remove the live wallpaper from your desktop.
Best Wallpaper Apps for Windows 11
There are tons of live wallpaper apps available for your Windows 11 laptop or desktop. Here I mentioned paid and free apps so that you can check each.
1. Lively Wallpaper
The “Lively wallpaper” is a top-rated live wallpaper app on the internet for Windows. It offers animated GIFS, wallpaper, and videos for free of cost. Per stream or their official web page, users love this app and rated 4.5 out of 5 points which is really good. Don’t worry; I’m sure you will love the quality of each video or live wallpapers they provide. You can download the Lively wallpaper app from Stream or Microsoft store.
The best feature of this app is when you are not using your desktop or laptop at that time, it pauses the live wallpaper to save your battery, and if you move your mouse pointer, then automatically, it’s resumed the live wallpaper.
2. Wallpaper Engine
Wallpaper Engine is another top-rated live wallpaper app. They provide the best quality videos, live wallpapers, and GIFs. It’s a paid app, and if you can afford to pay a certain amount, I suggest you go for it because this is the best live wallpaper app on the internet.
According to users, sometimes it takes a lot of time to find a live wallpaper or a GIF because they have the largest video or wallpaper library compared to competitors. You also have options to create your own wallpaper.
Rain Wallpaper is another popular live wallpaper app among Windows 11 users. Features are similar to Wallpaper Engine or Lively Wallpaper like you can create a wallpaper from videos, GIFS, or photos. You also have the option to customize Taskbar, Windows Menu, etc. The developers also claimed that it is the best live wallpaper editor app on the internet.
They have the internet’s largest video, live wallpaper, and animated GIF library. The wallpaper or video quality is also good compared to other free live wallpaper apps.
DesktopHut is another popular live wallpaper app on the internet. Check out this app if you are looking for games, Sci-Fi, anime videos, or wallpapers. They provide HD, Ultra HD, and 4K quality Sci-Fi wallpapers. Don’t worry, and they also have other categories of wallpapers like nature, travel, sports, etc. Don’t worry; it’s free to use app for Windows users.
WindDynamicDesktop is another free-to-use live wallpaper on the internet. If you like macOS wallpapers, I’m sure you will love this app. Most of the wallpaper designs are similar to Apple wallpaper designs. There are a few things I don’t like about this, and they are not providing other categories of wallpapers like anime, gaming, nature, etc.
Although it is simple to set a custom wallpaper on your Windows 11 computer, there may be instances when you want to replace your current wallpaper with a live wallpaper.
This blog will teach you all you need to know about installing a live wallpaper on your Windows 11 desktop. This blog covers everything, from downloading the correct wallpapers to configuring the live wallpaper to dismissing the live wallpaper! Thank you for taking the time to read this, and we hope you found the material useful!