Windows 11 is the latest and greatest update to the Windows operating system. It’s packed full of features that make it a major upgrade, and it’s now available for free.
So why wait? If you’re looking to upgrade your computer to Windows 11, this guide will show you how to do it free of charge. We’ll teach you some important tips about using Windows 11 to save time and improve your productivity.
After the Windows 11 launch, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 users could upgrade their system for free of cost. I know you are still processing this information, but it’s true. Before upgrading your system, you need to check its compatibility with Windows 11 upgrade.
While looking for some information, I found out that most Windows users are confused about how they will upgrade their system free of cost; if you are also one of them, don’t worry, I will help you with your Windows 11 update. Read this article until the end to learn more details about upgrading to Windows 11 for free.
- Check for Updates
- How to Upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10, 8 and 7?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Difference Between Windows 10 and Windows 11
- Difference Between Windows 8 and Windows 11
- Difference Between Windows 7 and Windows 11
- Final Words
Check for Updates
Before further details, we want to inform you of a few things; according to Microsoft reports, free Windows 11 upgrade is available for Windows 10 users, so if you have Windows 8 and Windows 7, the process will be a little more complicated than Windows 10.
- The simple way to check your system compatibility is to download the PC Health Check App, then install the app.
- Open the app, then click on the “Check Now” button.
- After a few seconds, a text message will appear on display. Now, you know whether your system is compatible with Windows 11 upgrade or not.
- If yes, then you should check is there any Windows 11 update available in your system?
- First, go to “Settings” there, you will see an “Update & Security” option click on it, then in the left side corner, you will find a “Windows Update” option tap on it.
- After completed, all the steps just click on the “Check For Update” option.
- If any update is available it will show you on the screen.
How to Upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10, 8, and 7?
If you want to upgrade your system to Windows 11, follow the process I mentioned below, but remember each operating system has different methods. I will guide you through each step, so don’t worry.
How to Update Windows 10 to 11?
Microsoft recently released some reports it says those who are using Windows 10 to upgrade their system to Windows 11 are simple.
- Just go to settings “Settings” from there, and you will see the “Update & Security” option; click on it.
- Now there you can check if there is any Windows 11 update available or not?
- If yes, click on the install button.
- You have to wait for a few minutes to download and install the Windows 11.
- After that PC will automatically restart, now your Windows 11 setup is ready.
How to Update Windows 8 to 11?
According to tech geeks, if you are using Windows version 8, then you can’t directly install Windows 11. First, you have to upgrade your system to Windows 10. After that, you can upgrade to Windows 11. I know it sounds complicated but trusts me, anyone can easily do it if they follow these steps I mentioned below.
- You need to check system compatibility for Windows 11 and download the Windows 10 version from Microsoft Store.
- Wait for a few minutes to download the file; a window will pop up on your display after downloading.
- It will ask permission to make some changes in your System, so click on the “Yes” button.
- Windows 10 setup will now appear; go through all the terms and conditions before accepting it.
- It will take a minimum of 20 minutes to install.
- After completing all these processes, you have to check for Windows 11 upgrade; if it’s showing the install now option, then tap on it.
- Now your Windows 11 is ready to use. The process is simple, right?
How to Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11?
Before updating your system, I suggest you create a full backup because if you want to upgrade your system from Windows 7 to Windows 11, you might lose all your personal data. To prevent this type of issue, make sure to keep a backup file. Many tools are available on the market, such as OneDrive, Cloud services, etc.
- First, visit the Windows 11 official page; you can find Windows 11 21H2 Media Creation Tool; download it.
- After that, connect a USB drive to the PC, install the Media Creation Tool, then open it.
- Now create a Windows 11 installation drive.
- Now, the first step is completed with the preparation of Windows 11 installation media.
Let’s perform the Windows 11 clean installation, and this process will directly install the Windows 11 in your System.
- Close the Windows 7, then connect your PC to Windows 11 installation media.
- Now, reboot your System into BIOS and set it to start from the connected USB drive.
- A new window will pop up on your display, just click on the “Next” button.
- After that click on the “Install” button.
- Now you have two options: copy & paste the product key, tap on the “next” button, or tap on the “I don’t have a product key” button.
- Now select the Windows operation system you want to install, such as Windows 11 Home, Windows 11 Education, and Windows 11 Pro. After that, click on the “Next” option.
- Accept the Microsoft software license, then tap on the “Next” button.
- Select the “Custom Install Windows Only” option.
- Now select the drive you want to install; after that, you will see a “delete” option tap on it, then a new window will appear. It will ask you to confirm; tap on the “Ok” button.
- Tap on the “Next” button.
- Now your Windows 11 installation process will start so, wait for a few minutes then your system will restart.
Your Windows 11 setup is ready now.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What’s New in Windows 11?
- According to the Microsoft reports, Windows 11 has lots of new features. Now, you can download Android Apps from the store.
- You can run Windows 10 Apps.
- Windows 11 has a new feature, and it’s called app repository, which helps you organize your apps.
Difference Between Windows 10 and Windows 11
- Many things have changed in Windows 11, such as a few Windows 10 apps removed from the Windows 11 store.
- In Windows 11, Sync featured is removed.
- For gaming, Windows 11 is much better, and you can customize your performance to have a better gaming experience.
Difference Between Windows 8 and Windows 11
- Windows 11 interface is much better than Windows 8.
- For Windows 11, you need a high-end or mid-range PC, but you can run Windows 8 on a high-end PC as well as a low-end PC.
Difference Between Windows 7 and Windows 11
- Now Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, so Windows 11 is better.
- Windows 11 is much more secure and less prone to the virus if we compare it with Windows 7.
- Windows 11 is much better if you are a gamer because it has Auto HDR and Directx ultimate features.
How Long Does it Take to Install Windows 11?
If you want to install Windows 11 on your system, it will take hardly 15 to 20 minutes.
How to Download Windows 11 Beta and Windows 11 Insider Builds?
- The process of downloading the Windows beta version is simple; anyone can easily do it.
- First, go to “Settings” there, you will find an “Update & Security” option tap on it.
- There you can check if any Windows 11 update is available or not.
- If yes, then install it. After a while system will get a restart, and your Windows 11 beta version will be ready to use.
How to upgrade to Windows 11 Without TPM 2.0?
If you want to upgrade your system to Windows 11 without TPM 2.0, you need to download some tools, like Rufus. Before going any further, I suggest you disable the Anti-Virus and Firewall.
- After that, open the Rufus app, then choose the ISO file.
- There is an image option tap on it, and there you will find an “Extended Windows” option click on that.
- It will take a while to complete the process.
Is windows 11 good for gaming?
Yes, Windows 11 is a great gaming platform. It has features that make it easier for gamers to get the most out of their experience, including improved settings and controls and better performance.
Windows 11 creates custom profiles to optimize your PC gameplay for different situations. This means you can set up your gaming environment specifically for online or offline use.
Windows 11 is a great operating system for gaming, and there are plenty of games that are compatible with it. Some of the most popular include Fortnite, PUBG Mobile, EA Sports UFC 2, Minecraft: Windows 11 Edition beta, and many more!
Windows OS integrates with platforms like Xbox One, making gaming with friends even more fun!
Is windows 11 good for low-end PC?
Windows 11 is a great operating system for low-end PCs. It provides features tailored specifically for this type of computer, making it easier to use.
Additionally, it has been optimized to run faster on these machines than on previous versions of Windows. This can make surfing the web, using apps, and playing games easier and more enjoyable.
In this article, we discussed how to upgrade to windows 11 for free of cost. I tried to explain different methods to upgrade your system; if you have any questions regarding the Windows operating system, feel free to tell us in the comment section.