Factory Resetting a laptop can help in the resolution of certain issues. You are losing all of your previous data and settings by resetting the system and starting again.
Any passwords or software applications you may have set up will no longer function. Furthermore, rebooting the laptop may resolve the problem if something is problematic with the hardware.
In modern days, laptops have become an essential part of our life. Most of the work depends on the laptops like online classes, official work, streaming, playing games, etc. If you have an older generation laptop and face virus or lagging issues, I know it is sometimes annoying.
In that scenario, a factory reset is the best option to prevent this issue.
Let’s assume that you have an Acer laptop and are facing similar issues; that is why you want to reset your computer, but you don’t know how to do that.
Read this article to find out how you can factory reset your laptop. The process is quite simple; even if you don’t have much knowledge about these devices still, you can do it on your own.
Different Methods to Reset the Acer Laptop
1. Factory Reset Your Acer Laptop by Using Acer Care Center?
Recently, Acer introduced a tool called Acer Care Center; with the help of this tool, you can create a backup for all the data you have on your Acer laptop and then reset your device.
The interface of this app is simple, so it will be a lot easier for you to understand. If you don’t know how to factory reset your device, follow the process mentioned below.
- First, go to the “Windows” menu; there, you can see search an “Acer Care Center” then tap on it to open.
- Now find the “Recovery Management” option, then tap on it to backup all your data.
- Now click on the “Restore” tab; there, you will find a “Get Started” option.
- Now a window will pop up on your display; you have to click on the “Remove Everything” option.
- Now another window will pop up on your display; click on either the “Just Remove My Files” or “Remove Files and Clean the Drive” options. One thing I will suggest is that you choose the “Remove Files and Clean the Drive” option.
- Now click on the “Reset” option to erase all the data. Wait a few minutes to complete the process, and then you can reinstall your latest windows version.
2. Factory Reset Your Acer Laptop by Using Alt+F10
You can use this method if you forget your password and want to reset your device. The process is quite simple and easy to understand. The best part is if you have either Windows 8 or 10, you can use this method to reset your laptop. Follow the steps mentioned below to reset your Acer laptop.
- You should turn off your Acer laptop at the beginning of the process.
- After that, turn on your device; while turning on your laptop, press the Alt and F10 simultaneously. Wait for a few seconds then “Boot Menu” will appear on your display.
- Now find the “Troubleshoot” option, then tap on it.
- Now you can see a “Reset This PC” option; tap on it.
- After that, another window will pop up on your display; you can see a “Remove everything” option tap on it to erase all your data.
- Now you can see a “Reset” option tap on it to start the process.
- Wait for a few minutes to finish the process, then reinstall the windows.
3. Factory Reset Your Acer Laptop from the Settings App
There are a lot of methods to reset your Acer laptop. Just open the “Settings” from there; you can factory reset your data and then reinstall the windows version previously you are using. Windows 8,10, and 11 users can reset their device if they follow a few simple steps, which are mentioned below.
- Below the left-side corner of your display, you can find the windows menu; from there, you can search the “Settings” option and click on it to open it.
- Now you can see an “Update and security” option and tap on it.
- On the left side corner, you have to look for a “Recovery” tab and click on it.
- Now you can see the “Reset this PC”; below that, tap on a “Get Started” option.
- Now a window will pop up on your display there you can see a “Remove all” option click on it.
- Now you can see a “Fully Clean the drive” option click on that option.
- After completing all the steps above mentioned, it will ask to reset your device so, click on the “Reset.” button to start the process.
- Wait for a few minutes to completely erase all your data, then reinstall the windows previously you are using.
Precautions for Factory Reset an Acer Laptop
Before factory resetting your device, you should consider a few things. If you are facing some error or lagging issue, restart your laptop; it might resolve the issue. Sometimes it happens because we forget to update our computer so, stay up to date.
In this article, we discussed how can you reset your Acer laptop. Here I also mentioned different methods to erase all your data. If you like you can try each method to find out which method works for you the best. If you have any queries then feel free to tell us in the comment section.