Factory Resetting a laptop can help in the resolution of certain issues. However, you will lose all of your previous data and settings by resetting the system and starting again.
Any passwords or software applications you may have set up will no longer function. Furthermore, rebooting the laptop may resolve the problem if there is an issue with the hardware.
In modern days, laptops have become an essential part of our life.
Most of the work depends on the laptops like-
If you are experiencing virus or lagging issues on an older generation laptop, I understand how frustrating that can be.
In such a scenario, a factory reset is the best option to address these problems. If you have an Acer laptop and are encountering similar issues, it’s understandable that you would want to reset your computer. However, you may not be sure how to proceed.
Read this article to learn how you can factory reset your laptop. The process is relatively simple, and even if you don’t have much knowledge about these devices, you can do it on your own.
This Guide Include-
- Different Methods to Reset the Acer Laptop
- Precautions for Factory Reset an Acer Laptop
- Final Words
Different Methods to Reset the Acer Laptop
1. Factory Reset Your Acer Laptop from the Settings
There are several methods available to reset your Acer laptop. One of the commonly used methods is to access the ‘Settings’ menu, where you can initiate the factory reset process and then reinstall the previous Windows version you were using.
For users of Windows 8, 10, and 11, resetting the device is a straightforward process that can be accomplished by following a few simple steps outlined below.
- To begin, locate the Windows menu in the bottom-left corner of your screen. From there, you can easily search for the ‘Settings’ option and click on it to open the settings menu.
- Now you can see an “Update and security” option and tap on it.
- On the left side corner, you have to look for a “Recovery” tab and click on it.
- Now you can see the “Reset this PC”; below that, tap on a “Get Started” option.
- Now a window will pop up on your display there you can see a “Remove all” option click on it.
- Now you can see a “Fully Clean the drive” option click on that option.
- After completing all the steps above mentioned, it will ask to reset your device so, click on the “Reset.” button to start the process.
- Wait for a few minutes to completely erase all your data, then reinstall the windows previously you are using.
2. Using Keyboard Shortcut (Alt+F10 )
You can use this method if you forget your password and want to reset your device. The process is quite simple and easy to understand. The best part is if you have either Windows 8 or 10, you can use this method to reset your laptop. Follow the steps mentioned below to reset your Acer laptop.
- You should turn off your Acer laptop at the beginning of the process.
- After that, turn on your device; while turning on your laptop, press the Alt and F10 simultaneously. Wait for a few seconds then “Boot Menu” will appear on your display.
- Now find the “Troubleshoot” option, then tap on it.
- Now you can see a “Reset This PC” option; tap on it.
- After that, another window will pop up on your display; you can see a “Remove everything” option tap on it to erase all your data.
- Now you can see a “Reset” option tap on it to start the process.
- Wait for a few minutes to finish the process, then reinstall the windows.
3. Using Acer Care Center?
Recently, Acer introduced a tool called Acer Care Center; with the help of this tool, you can create a backup for all the data you have on your Acer laptop and then reset your device.
The interface of this app is simple, so it will be a lot easier for you to understand. If you don’t know how to factory reset your device, follow the process mentioned below.
- First, go to the “Windows” menu; there, you can see search an “Acer Care Center” then tap on it to open.
- Now find the “Recovery Management” option, then tap on it to backup all your data.
- Now click on the “Restore” tab; there, you will find a “Get Started” option.
- Now a window will pop up on your display; you have to click on the “Remove Everything” option.
- Now another window will pop up on your display; click on either the “Just Remove My Files” or “Remove Files and Clean the Drive” options. One thing I will suggest is that you choose the “Remove Files and Clean the Drive” option.
- Now click on the “Reset” option to erase all the data. Wait a few minutes to complete the process, and then you can reinstall your latest windows version.
Precautions for Factory Resetting an Acer Laptop
Before proceeding with the factory reset, there are a few things you should consider.
If you are facing errors or experiencing lagging issues, try restarting your laptop first; this simple step might resolve the problem.
Additionally, it’s important to ensure that your computer is up to date by installing the latest updates, as sometimes issues can arise due to outdated software.
In this article, we discussed how you can reset your Acer laptop, and I have also outlined various methods to erase all your data. If you wish, you can try each method to determine which one works best for you. If you have any queries, please feel free to share them in the comment section.