Far Cry 6 is one of the most popular gun-fight games globally, and this game can run on different devices such as PC, Xbox, and Play Station. Far Cry 6 crashes or errors are the common problems; players and streamers complain about these issues most of the time.
Let me give you an example, so you can understand which problem I’m talking about while playing Far Cry 6 with a friend suddenly, your system gets crashed, it is so frustrating, right?
In this article, first, we will discuss the issues and how you can solve these issues easily.
- Why does Far Cry 6 Keep Crashing?
- How to Fix Far Cry 6 Crashing on PC, Xbox One, PS4 or PS5
- 1. Check for Windows Updates
- 2. Update your GPU driver
- 3. Verify and Repair Games via Ubisoft Connect
- 4. Run as an Administrator
- 5. Disable Ubisoft Connect Overlay
- 6. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
- 7. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
- 8. Clear the cache of Ubisoft Connect
- 9. Repair system files
- 10. Reinstall the game
- Final Words
Why does Far Cry 6 Keep Crashing?
There are a lot of reasons why Far Cry 6 keep crashing on your PC.
- While playing games, in the background lots of programs are running that is why we face stutter or lagging issues.
- Lack of admin privilege is a reason for the Far Cry 6 crash.
- One of the common issues most gamers face is missing files during the installation of Far Cry 6.
- Outdated OS is also the reason for startup crashes during your gameplay.
- If your Graphics driver is outdated then it shows problems like Graphics not loading or system crashes.
- Firewall or third-party antivirus apps are the reason for failing to launch and system crashes.
How to Fix Far Cry 6 Crashing on PC, Xbox One, PS4 or PS5
1. Check for Windows Updates
The minimum OS requirement for playing Far Cry 6 is Windows 10 (64-bit), but, if you are confused, which Windows version currently you have on your PC. Let me help you with this; first, go to the Windows setting; there will be an option “Update and Security” tap on that option there, you can check your Windows status.
If any updates are available, it will notify you; after the updates, you can reinstall the game. Maybe this time, you won’t face any issues while installing the game.
2. Update your GPU driver
Outdated GPU is the reason for continued crashing, As I mentioned before. To prevent this type of issue, you need to update your graphics driver, and the process is simple, that anyone can do it. There are two ways to update your graphics driver manually and automatically.
Let’s talk about the manual updates; if you have NVIDIA or AMD graphics cards, visit their official webpage and download the latest version. First, you need to uninstall the outdated GPU version.
Steps for uninstalling outdated graphics drive:
- Press the Windows button on your keyboard, then search Device Manager.
- There you will find the Display Adapter option; click on that.
- Now you can see NVIDIA or AMD option, left-click on that, then uninstall the outdated GPU.
- After completing all the steps, install the updated version.
Automatic installation process:
All steps are the same; instead of uninstalling option, you can tap on the update option; if there are any GPU drive updates available, it will start atomically.
After completing all these processes, reinstall your game, and this time definitely, it will run.
3. Verify and Repair Games via Ubisoft Connect
If you are still experiencing the crash or other issues, verify and repair the installed game files via Ubisoft Connect.
Follow these steps to verify the game file:
- First, you need to launch the Ubisoft Connect app, then tap on the left side corner three-line menu option.
- After that, go to games click on Far Cry 6.
- After completing these steps, now left-click on Far Cry 6; you will find the properties option open.
- You will notice “Location files” below; you will find a verify option, tap on that and verify your files if it asks for repair, then click on it.
To successfully repair all the game files, close the Ubisoft Connect app and restart your PC. This time you will play your game without any issue.
4. Run as an Administrator
Lack of administrator can cause crashing issues, and it also interferes with your gameplay.
To prevent all these, follow the simple method which are
- Left-click on your Far Cry 6 app, then it will show you the “open file location” option, then click on it.
- After that left click on FarCry6.exe set-up, it will show the Run Administrator option click on it.
- Now you get permission to run the game and reinstall again.
5. Disable Ubisoft Connect Overlay
I can’t give you any assurance regarding whether this method will work for you or not, but most gamers say it works for them. After being unable the Ubisoft Connect overlay, the frame rate jumped during Far Cry 6 gameplay from 60fps to 70fps.
Follow these steps to disable the Connect overlay:
- Open Ubisoft Connect
- Tap on the three-line menu, which is placed left side corner of the screen
- Tap on the setting option after that chose general at last
- Remove the “Enable in-game overlay for supported games” mark.
6. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
You might don’t this; third-party antivirus apps and firewall programs can cause your gameplay crashes or missing files issues during the installation program.
You can just disable your antivirus or create exceptions for apps like FarCry6.axe launcher, Epic Games, and the Ubisoft Connect app to prevent all these issues.
Follow these steps to create exceptions for your game launcher:
- Click on your keyboard Windows button.
- Search for the “Windows Security” option; after that, click on it.
- From there, select on Firewall & Private Network Security option.
- Go to “Allow App through Firewall” from there, remove the checkmark on FarCry6.axe launcher, Epic Games, and Ubisoft Connect app.
- Again, reinstall the game, this time, you will not face any issue for sure.
7. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
If you close Unnecessary background tasks, which can slow or lag your gameplay, the necessary task will be loaded faster.
Follow these steps to clear background tasks:
- Press on the Windows button on your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” from there, you will notice the Selective Start-up option click on it.
- Uncheck the Load Start-up items option. At last, click on ok, then restart your system.
If you are still having issues, follow the same steps as I mentioned before, but this time clicks on the System option rather than general; from there, you can disable those apps you don’t need.
8. Clear the cache of Ubisoft Connect
If you clear the cache, that might work for you and resolve all your issues related to Far Cry 6.
Follow these steps to clear the cache:
- Go to Disc-C, then open Program Files (x86).
- Open the Ubisoft file and delete the cache file.
After completing all these steps then, restart your computer.
9. Repair system files
Damaged or missing files can be the reason for continued gameplay crashes. If you want to repair or restore your files, you have two options automatic or manual. I recommend you go with the automatic repair option because manual repair is more complicated to understand.
Automatic repair system:
This software can solve all your problems. First, you need to install Reimage app then open the app. After that, completely analyze the system; it will take 5-6 minutes. If you have any issues related to missing or damaged files, tap on the START REPAIR option, and automatically it will repair all of your corrupt files.
Manual repair system:
Windows have its built-in tool, System File Checker, which can identify damaged files and repair them.
First, press the Windows + R button on your keyboard then the Run box will appear on your display; there, you can type cmd and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter; the system will begin repairing all files. It will take hardly 3-4 minutes. After completing all these steps, it will show no error or fix all errors.
10. Reinstall the game
If the methods mentioned above are not working for you, then reinstall Far Cry 6; this time, your gameplay will be lag-free and error-free for sure.
Steps for reinstalling the game:
- Left-click on the “Far Cry 6 icon.”
- Click on File Location.
- Uninstall the Far Cry 6.
After completing all these steps, again reinstall the game but remember to keep Far Cry 6 and Ubisoft Connect files in the same location.
Also Read: What is Intel’s thermal velocity boost?
Q1. Why does Black of black screen in Far Cry 6?
Sometime after opening the game, you will see the blank screen on your display; it happens because of corrupted or missing game files. To prevent this type of issue, verify the game files, it may resolve the issue, and now you can play your Far Cry 6.
Q2. Far Cry 6 is not installed. Does installation hang reason?
Lack of space can be a reason for not installing Far Cry 6, so check that out and try to keep 2-3 GB extra space. Poor internet connection and antivirus can also cause not installation issues.
Q3. Why does Saves not work in Far Cry 6?
This game does not have any manual save option; each time you complete a mission, it will automatically save the game data, and a save icon will appear on the screen. If you go to a safe house, there you can save manually.
Here in this article, I explain a lot of methods for you to fix your Far Cry 6 error and crashes; if the first method is not working, then go to the next one; each method is tried and tested.
If your game keeps crashing, you should restart your PC or laptop for every game. You can do this by hitting Alt + F4 on the keyboard, and You can also click the Windows or power icon on the bottom left corner of your screen and choose Restart PC. Then, go to the Start menu, click Control Panel, and restart my PC, fixing the problem.
Hope these tips will definitely help you to solve the crash issue in the Far Cry 6 game. If you still have any questions, write in the comment box.