There are a lot of things that can affect your PC performance. If you don’t have enough storage space, you will face some performance issues when you open an app or file; it will take a while to open it and sometimes crash.
To prevent this type of issue, you must delete some of the large files and apps or games to free the storage space. I’m sure you are planning to download a third-party app, but there is no need to do that because Windows 11 has a feature that can help you clean all the unused files to free the disc space. If you are a Windows 10 user still, you can use this feature to remove all the unwanted files.
After enabling this feature, you don’t have to worry about the storage space. Suppose you are concerned about which file you should delete because all the files are essential. Don’t fret; end of this article, you will know which files you should delete.
Also Read: Best Free VPN for Windows 11
Storage Space Can Affect Your PC Performance?
Let’s assume that you store different types of products in a bag; while using the bag, you are adding more and more products inside the bag. For some reason, now, if you are looking for a particular product, then it will take a while to find it. Having fewer products in your bag will be much easier and take less time to find.
Your PC also works in the same way. Your bag will be the storage space, and the products are the files stored in your computer. The more data you have stored on the PC, it will take more time to retrieve the data.
Also Read: Best Free Antivirus for Windows 11
Delete All the Temporary Files by Using Cleanup Recommendation
Recently, the developers added a new Cleanup Recommendation feature on Windows 11. After enabling this feature will show you a list of unused files after enabling this feature. From that list, you can uncheck essential files and then delete them. With the help of this feature, you can delete all unnecessary files. Follow a few simple steps to delete unused files using the Cleanup recommendation.
- On the Taskbar, you will find the “Windows icon” tap on it then a menu will appear on the screen.
- Now, look for a “Gear icon,” then tap on it to open the settings menu.
- Look for a “System” tab, then tap on it.
- You will find the “Storage” tab on the right side, then tap on it.
- Below the storage section, look for the “Cleanup Recommendation” tab, then tap on it.
- Now, you can see a list of unused files, and by default, all the options are checked, so you need to tap on the “Remove” option to delete all the files.
Note- If you have essential data on “Download files,” uncheck it.
Delete all the Junk Files by Using Windows Settings
With the help of this method, you can delete all the junk files from your computer to free storage space. This method is quite similar to the process mentioned earlier. Follow a few simple steps to remove all the junk files.
- First, press the “Windows” button and “I” button simultaneously, then a setting window will pop up on the screen.
- By default, the “System” tab will be open.
- Look for a “Storage” tab on the right side, then tap on it.
- Below the storage section, look for a “Temporary Files” option, then tap on it.
- It will take a while to process the files; after that, you can see a list of files.
- By default, all the options are checked, and you just need to tap on the “Remove” option to delete all the junk files, but if you have any essential data in download files or any other files, then just uncheck that option.
Clean Your PC Storage by Using Build-in Clean Manager
With the help of the Clean Manager feature, you can remove all the junk files and rarely used app or games files.
- First, press the “Windows” Button and “R” buttons simultaneously, then a run box will pop up on the screen.
- Now, you can see a text input area; type “cleanmgr,” then tap on the “Ok” option.
- A Disk Clean-up window will pop up on the screen; from there, you can see a drives section and set it to the “New Volume (C:) option, then tap on the “Ok” option.
- Now another window will pop up on the screen; from there, tap on a few options, such as Downloaded Program Files, Temporary Internet Files, Previous Windows Installation, Recycle Bin, and Thumbnails.
- After checking all these options, tap on the “Ok” option.
Delete all the Temporary Files
This method is used to delete all the remaining junk files which can’t detect by Clean Manager or other features. The process is simple and easy; just follow a few simple steps to clean the remaining junk files on your PC.
- First, you have to press the “Windows” button and “R” bottom at the same time, then a window pop up on the screen; there, you can see a text input area and type “%temp%” then tap on the “Ok” option.
- Now another window will pop up on the screen, and there you can see a lot of files. Select these files and delete them. There will be a few files you can’t delete because those are active app files.
Also Read: Best Windows 11 Laptops
In this article, we discussed how to free up space in Windows 11. Here I explained different methods to delete all the unnecessary files on your PC. If you still have any queries related to Windows 11, then feel free to tell us in the comment section.