Most people want to learn Python, one of the most popular programming languages. To do that, first, install the Python software. Recently a few media houses reported that most Windows 11 users don’t know how to install it. If you are one of them, check out this article to learn how to install Python on your Windows 11 PC.
There are a lot of ways to install this software on your system. You can visit their official webpage or a third-party webpage to download this software, so read this guide to download the latest version.
How Do I Know if Python is Installed on My Windows OS or Not?
As I mentioned, Python is a popular programming language mainly used for technical work like web development, technical analysis, automation data science, data analysis, etc. If we compare it with other programming languages, it is much easier to learn; that’s why people from non-technical backgrounds are also trying to learn Python.
Follow a few simple steps below to check if this software is installed.
- On the taskbar, look for a search box, then type “PowerShell,” and a menu will pop up on the screen.
- Now, look for a “Run as Administrator” option, then tap on it.
- Now PowerShell window will pop on the screen and type “python –version” then press the “Enter” button.
- After that, if Python is installed, then Python 3.10.2 version number will be shown on the screen. If it is not installed, then, Python was not found command message will appear on the PowerShell window.
How to Download Python on Windows 11 OS?
The process to download Python’s latest version is quite simple: follow a few simple steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to visit their official webpage, then scroll downwards and look for a Download section.
- Now tap on the Python 3.10.2 option.
- After that, scroll downwards and look for a Files section; from there, you can see a list of devices. Between them, please choose your device, then tap on it to download the Python software.
- After that, wait for a while to complete the download.
Also Read: How to Free up Space on Windows 11?
How to Install Python on Windows 11 OS?
After downloading, let’s discuss how you can install it on your Windows 11. The process is simple; follow a few simple steps to install this software.
- First, open the file you just installed. An installation wizard will pop up on the screen, then look for the Customize installation option and click on it.
- Now you can see different options like pip or Documentation, so check on all the options and tap the Next tab.
- Below is the Advance Options check mark on the first five options.
- After that, you can change the locations where you want to keep Python installation files.
- Now you can see an Installation option; tap on it to start the process.
- After that, wait a while to complete the process and tap the Close tab.
How Can You Verify the Python Version?
- On the taskbar, you can see a Search box; tap on it and type CMD then a menu will appear on the screen.
- Now, look for a “Run as Administrator” option and tap on it.
- After that, a command prompt window will appear on the screen; there, type python –version and press the Enter button.
- Now you can see Python 3.10.2 will be written.
After completely installing Python on your Windows 11, follow a few simple steps to run it.
- On the taskbar, you can see a Search box; tap on it and type IDLE then a menu will appear on the screen.
- Now click on the IDLE Shell option to open it.
Also Read: Best Free VPN for Windows 11
This article discussed how to install Python on Windows 11 PC. After checking out this article, you can easily install Python. If you find it very helpful, you can share it with friends.
If you still face any issues regarding Python or any other programming language, please tell us in the comment section.